All students within Saint Vincent’s Department of Elementary and Secondary Education approved Therapeutic Day School program attend school on our main campus in Fall River, MA. Saint Vincent’s school consists of middle and high school classrooms. Students are placed in classes according to their chronological grade level; students participate in course material at his/her functional grade level based upon his/her individualized educational plan (IEP). A student is referred to the Therapeutic Day School program by their School District based on the student’s learning needs as detailed in the student’s IEP.
Individualized, trauma informed care focuses on teaching the students the skills they need to return to less restrictive academic settings as quickly and safely as possible.
Curriculum is aligned with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Common Core Standards and Curriculum Frameworks. All students participate in the MCAS competency tests as prescribed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Therapeutic Day School includes:
- case management
- healthcare/medical services
- adventure-based counseling
- alignment with MA curriculum frameworks and MCAS preparation
- reading specialist
- occupational therapy and speech and language therapy
- computer technology
- Life Skills services (including vocational and transitional services)
The Therapeutic Day School also offers:
- 45 Day/90 Day Assessments (FBA, Academic, Speech & Language, and OT)
- psychiatric services (including psychopharmacology)
- clinical services (including individual and group therapy)