Giving Children and Families in Need What They Need Most
As part of a long tradition of caring, Saint Vincent’s strives to preserve hope for needy children and their families. We are committed to the highest standards in serving children who are separated from their families with the goal of family reunification. Our services are comprehensive and represent an interdisciplinary approach to treatment. Care is offered in a nonjudgmental manner, honoring the cultural diversity of each child and family. We strive to create an environment where trust characterizes the relationship between staff and children and where staff members are supported and their contributions acknowledged.
Commitment to Children and Families
- Embracing the role of family and, through family-centered practice, building on the unique strengths and resilience of the children and families we serve.
- Advocating for social change which strengthens and supports children and families.
- Empowering children and families to engage in a therapeutic process which results in enhancing primary relationships and the development of new skills and competencies.
- Providing education and treatment with empathy and integrity based on the needs of others.
- Ensuring that all services are a reflection of our desire to promote healing and growth.
- Encouraging holistic development of the spiritual, physical, emotional, and social well-being of each individual served.
- Valuing each individual’s right to be treated with dignity through deliberate and reflective consideration, judgment and actions.
- Promoting self-appreciation and the appreciation of, and connection with, others.
- Acknowledging the worth of those we serve and with whom we work by listening to them, being truthful with them, accepting their individuality and celebrating their uniqueness.
- Developing self-awareness and an accepting attitude toward different points of view and life choices as the children, families and communities we serve become increasingly diverse.
- Being open and flexible to identifying the presence and importance of differences between our orientation and that of each individual, and to collaborating to identify options that are acceptable to both.
- Recognizing with humility the unique perspective each child and family brings to the therapeutic or educational encounter.
- Pursuing enhanced professional competence through one’s own initiative, and demonstrating a commitment to continuous learning through ongoing attention to professional development.
- Demonstrating a proactive and creative approach to change as an opportunity for growth.
- Making ongoing adjustments to the work we do, based on continuous feedback and experience, to ensure that we address the priorities and values of the children, families and communities we serve.
Leadership and Teamwork
- Utilizing our collective knowledge, skills and talents in an integrated approach to fulfill our responsibilities to the best of our ability.
- Committing to the highest standards of care for those we serve and with whom we work and developing the resources and capacities to achieve those standards.
- Actively seeking, identifying and developing emerging leaders who are committed to fulfilling our mission.